Andrew Kenny, physicist and mechanical engineer: This is why socialists support minimum wages. They just hate the thought of some poor, lower class businessman (usually a black one in South Africa) becoming an employer. They think only the rich upper classes should provide jobs; hence why only large corporations are capable of pricing in the minimum wage, whereas smaller entrepreneurs would have no hope of complying with it. The heart of socialism is the class system. Whether it is Julius Malema or Vladimir Lenin or Fidel Castro or your Professor of Sociology, all socialists believe they belong to a superior class entitled to rule the inferior classes.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA