Andrew Kenny, physicist and mechanical engineer: This is why socialists support minimum wages. They just hate the thought of some poor, lower class businessman (usually a black one in South Africa) becoming an employer. They think only the rich upper classes should provide jobs; hence why only large corporations are capable of pricing in the minimum wage, whereas smaller entrepreneurs would have no hope of complying with it. The heart of socialism is the class system. Whether it is Julius Malema or Vladimir Lenin or Fidel Castro or your Professor of Sociology, all socialists believe they belong to a superior class entitled to rule the inferior classes.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Solar panels pollute a lot more than nuclear (Andrew Follett) USofA
- Summary of Earth's climate change, mankind's contribution and renewables (Steve Goreham) USofA
- Global Living Conditions (Max Roser) UK
- If Renewables are so great (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- The Real Climate-Change Deniers (Vijay Jararaj, Cornwall Alliance) India