India is set to overtake China as the biggest importer of power-station coal. Indian thermal-coal imports will surpass China’s by 2017 or sooner, Bloomberg Intelligence analysts William Foiles and Andrew Cosgrove said in a report.
China, the world’s biggest energy consumer, is cutting down on coal use to fight pollution. India and its regional peers including Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan and South Korea plan to increase their combined coal-fired generating capacity by more than 204 gigawatts, or 60%, through 2019, as per the report.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate alarmism is still bizarre (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA
- Using science to update LNT (Rod Adams) USofA
- American Museum of Natural History - climate alarmism letter USofA
- American Museum of Natural History - climate alarmism details USofA
- Unsettled science of climate change (Robert Bradley, Roy Spencer) USofA