India is set to overtake China as the biggest importer of power-station coal. Indian thermal-coal imports will surpass China’s by 2017 or sooner, Bloomberg Intelligence analysts William Foiles and Andrew Cosgrove said in a report.
China, the world’s biggest energy consumer, is cutting down on coal use to fight pollution. India and its regional peers including Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan and South Korea plan to increase their combined coal-fired generating capacity by more than 204 gigawatts, or 60%, through 2019, as per the report.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Is earth's climate history largely a fraud (POWERLINE, John Hinderacker)
- Merkel's green energy fuels demand for coal (Bloomberg, B. Parkin, Weixin Zha)
- Linear No-Threshold and Collective Dose Radiation Safety Guidelines (Howard Cork Hayden)
- America needs a sound energy plan (Harrison Schmitt, Apollo 17 Astronaut)
- Current radiation protection limits - Need for change (Jerry Cuttler, William Hannum) Canada USA
Subscribe to Newsletter