India is set to overtake China as the biggest importer of power-station coal. Indian thermal-coal imports will surpass China’s by 2017 or sooner, Bloomberg Intelligence analysts William Foiles and Andrew Cosgrove said in a report.
China, the world’s biggest energy consumer, is cutting down on coal use to fight pollution. India and its regional peers including Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan and South Korea plan to increase their combined coal-fired generating capacity by more than 204 gigawatts, or 60%, through 2019, as per the report.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Le nucléaire cœur de la TE (Michel Gay) France French
- The Environment - A True Story (John Robson) Canada
- Why I changed my mind about nuclear power TEXT (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Molecular machines and intelligent design (Michael Behe) USofA
- Our Children's Trust sues America for use of fossil fuels (science base source James Hansen, legal staff) USofA