Ken Saro-Wiwa's life and death at the hands of Shell Oil and the dictatorship government in Nigeria in 1995 is not atypical. It is just well documented. The world needs to take oil out of the ground with more benefits for the people who live in the region and country and less crass enrichment for people in power. These horrible problems occur frequently with fossil fuels and much less frequently with mining uranium/thorium for nuclear power. We can't stop taking fossil fuels out of the ground. Correcting environmental and people related problems with extraction of oil and gas should be a top priority.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate change in the Baltic region in the last 1000 years (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany
- Survey about fossil fuels, man-made climate change, nuclear (John Shanahan, John Droz) USofA
- Retired Adm. William McRaven asks Trump to revoke his security clearance (Grace Segers, CBS News) USofA
- China building nuclear power house (Axios, Zachary Basu) USofA
- Russia and China building nuclear power plant alliances (Nikkei Asian Review, Tomoyo Ogawa) Japan