Ken Saro-Wiwa's life and death at the hands of Shell Oil and the dictatorship government in Nigeria in 1995 is not atypical. It is just well documented. The world needs to take oil out of the ground with more benefits for the people who live in the region and country and less crass enrichment for people in power. These horrible problems occur frequently with fossil fuels and much less frequently with mining uranium/thorium for nuclear power. We can't stop taking fossil fuels out of the ground. Correcting environmental and people related problems with extraction of oil and gas should be a top priority.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Activos energetico y desarrollo (Edggar Ocampo Tellez) Mexicon Spanish
- Kim regime weaponizes electricity (Robert Bryce) USofA North Korea
- Rethinking extinction (Stewart Brand) USofA
- The Netherlands carbon dilemma sequester or recycle (Alexander Hellemans)
- Inconvenient truths about recycling (Investor's Business Daily) USofA